Thursday, February 03, 2011

Once Again...

...running around like a crazy person, although I did get to spend some time at my friend Alan Samuel's totally cool Class III retail store, Machinegun Tours, in Denver. Alan's doing a lot of police training as well, especially in active shooter scenarios.

I'm moving forward on my Suppress the World campaign, or as I like to call it, BE QUIET! I'm suppressing the working guns, so I'm filling out Fed paperwork and writing checks. I'm building up one of my carbines into the "house" configuration designed by Ed Head — suppressed short barrel, Aimpoint Micro sighted in at 7 yards, the longest distance for a shot in the house. No parallax issues, what?

Alan had a bunch of tricked out Saigas for 3-Gun in the pricy $1K+ range...interestingly enough, Alan, who was an early Saiga adopter in 3-Gun is going to an FNH SLP semiauto shotgun this year "because of the sheer aggravation factor" of the Saigas. The SLPs are about as bulletproof as a semiauto shotgun can be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bill to allow suppressors afield in Montana had a great hearing. I convinced the Stockgrowers out of opposing the bill. Only opponents to the bill were the MT Fish Wildlife & Parks and the Police Protective Association. Both had weak arguments and were called out on it by Republicans and Democrats alike. John Snow of Outdoor Life did a great job in his testimony as a proponent. We are started in the right direction!

Home on the Range said...

I'll go check out the store. Brigid Jr. lives just south of Denver and I get out there at least once a year.