Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Midway USA Wins Baldrige Award

Midway USA has been named one of five recipients for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award:
The 2009 Baldrige Award recipients were selected from a field of 70 applicants. All of the applicants were evaluated rigorously by an independent board of examiners in seven areas: leadership; strategic planning; customer focus; measurement, analysis and knowledge management; workforce focus; process management; and results. The evaluation process for each of the recipients included about 1,000 hours of review and an on-site visit by a team of examiners to clarify questions and verify information in the applications.
This is a huge honor, essentially naming Midway USA as one of the best-run small companies in America.

Congratulations to to my good friend Larry Potterfield, who's presently in Africa chasing big elephants, and all the great folk in Columbia, MO, who have worked very, very hard for this honor.

HMMMMMMMM, after all the endless "gun-free workplace" propaganda we've heard over the years, I wonder if the fact that Midway USA's workforce are surrounded buy guns, with guns in practically every cubicle, changed any minds....

7 comments:

gunman42782 said...

I have been ordering stuff from Midway for around 20 years. They have always been a top notch company to do business with! I met Larry at the NRA convention in Louisville, and he is a nice guy. Congratulations to him and everyone that works at Midway.

Geoff aka Pathfinder said...

This is more than huge, THIS. IS. HUGE! What a great honor to be selected.

I have done a lot of work in IT quality, and although the Baldrige is more geared toward manufacturing and service, I have certainly been aware of the awards (many went to IT companies like IBM's AS400 unit in NY).

Congratulations to Larry and the whole gang at MidwayUSA. Keep up the damn fine work!!!!

Anonymous said...

Too bad Midway earlier abandoned the Canadian marketplace, unlike Brownells, Sinclair International and Cabelas.

RSR

Pete said...

Larry Potterfield's in Africa? Then how did I get an e-mail from him this morning letting me know my ammo order was on the way?

I'll always pay a couple of dollars more to order from Midway, because I know it'll be "on the truck" before I go to bed that night. They really are tops in customer service!

nj_larry said...

To Anon/RSR, my Canadian brother (and I do mean that. I love Canada. Heck I grew up on Sgt. Preston !!!), it is called the free market. That is why Para left the tundra for warmer climes. You guys just ain't being gun friendly me thinks...

disfrutar del sexo said...

It won't truly have success, I believe so.

muebles en teruel said...

For my part everyone ought to glance at it.