Friday, July 31, 2009

Meeting'd To Death...

Thank Allah it's Friday, or some semblance thereof. I've been in meetings all week, and I think I need a nappy. I've also been dealing with some of my esteemed competition, who, to use the vernacular, are scumbags. No names here — yet — but I have to say I'm losing my sense of humor. Maybe I'm just tired.

Have been wonderfully buoyed by the successes of this season of COWBOYS and THE BEST DEFENSE: SURVIVAL. Once again, we've upped the ante across the board, and it's paying off Big Time. I'm about 85% home on the new show, which will once again redefine the whole playing board. Man, if my competition would spend 1/10th the time in trying to improve their own product that they spend trying to burn me down, we'd all benefit.

I got my new Ruger SASS Vaqueros, serial numbers SASS00017 and SASS00018...darn nice guns, if you like single actions, which I obviously do. I already have planned out how they're going to get dinked (by Jim Finch, Long Hunter). Yeah, I pretty much never leave well enough alone. I sent the Para GI Expert off to Bill Laughridge at C&S to finish up the retro-ization for SASS Wild Bunch matches...am looking forward to the Nationals at Winter Range in Phoenix early next year. Hopefully, I can get the ejection problem straightened out with my Norinco Trench Gun 1897 by then.

Am also very pleased to be going forward with the Ruger Rimfire Championships — it's a great, fun competition. I'll be shooting my 10/22 Target (running an Aimpoint Micro) and my vampire red Ruger/Tactical Solutions .22/.45. I think I may build up a Ruger MkIII with a Tac-Sol top end for a really trick target pistol (the .22/.45 is a bit light to me)...I'm thinking of asking my pal Mr. Completely for some advice, since he's the Lord High God of .22 Target Pistols. I'm also planning to shoot some single stack competition later this fall when local cowboy matches shut down for the winter. I'll probably use a "illegal" drop holster (like the Blocker TNT or my old Gordie Davis rig) that more closely resembles my Blocker Wild Bunch holster and just shoot for score.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have the outdoor channel, and I'd like to see THE BEST DEFENSE: SURVIVAL. Will this ever be possible? Any plans for DVDs or anything like that. Thanks.

Geoff aka Pathfinder said...

Without mentioning names, how exactly are they trying to burn you? Just curious.

iainmcphersn said...

Excellent!!! I noticed a couple weeks ago that the Outdoor Channel was available through my cable provider in HD. I now have an upgraded DVR/cable box and new HD bundle. Turns out the new bundle prices are better than my old plan, so I save money as well.

Thanks Michael, I'd have not bothered to call if your shows were not available in HD.

John

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

So, my sweetie is 'lord high god of .22 target pistols' sheesh! I think you have created a monster *chuckle*

Mr. Completely said...

"Lord High God of .22 Target Pistols"

Kind words, and Thank You, but I suspect you might have exaggerated just a teensy bit! Well, maybe quite a bit, but it sounds cool, anyway!

Actually, I'd be glad to help any way I can, just ask,you've got my email. In fact, if you happen to show up at the Gun Blogger Rendezvous you are welcome to shoot my High Standard/Volquartzen rimfire race gun all you want. It might cost you a cold one, though.....

..... Mr. C.

Anonymous said...

"You reap what you sow".

You have made numerous references over the years as to how lousy your competition is and now you complain they are trying to burn you down?

No doubt the shooting sports TV shows are a small niche market and competition is fierce. But like the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat get the hell out of the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Over time I've heard you bad mouth the competition, now you complain they are doing it to you. What happened to sticking together in the 2A fight? the mushroom

johnson said...

Thank you for your interesting and informative blog. I have enjoyed reading it and appreciate the work you have put into it. Here is some relevant information for you to review .
kids tactical vests