Friday, April 13, 2007

NRA Day One Survival Tips!

Okey-dokey...made it through the first day of the NRA Show unscathed!

Today was SCHMOZE DAY, so I didn't get a chance to really look at stuff. Let me tell you, however, that it is WONDERFUL to meet so many SG & COWBOYS fans...I can't thank them enough!

I'll be signing at the OUTDOOR CHANNEL booth tomorrow at 1PM, so if you're in St. Louis, come hang out. I'll also be videoing for DOWN RANGE tomorrow (and hopefully have it up on Monday). I ran into John Ross, who has a coule of his totally cool Performance Center X-Frames here...I'm going to get a bunch of video on them tomorrow...especially since John mentioned a friend of his, a former Penthouse Pet, would be there to "model" the gun. Not to worry! I have lots of tape!

The most interesting thing is the 800-pound gorilla in the room, the Remington sale...that NO ONE is talking about. I'm going to go hang at Bushmaster tomorrow and then see if I can run down Tommy Milner from Remington for a podcast interview.

Finally caught up with Dwight Van Brunt from Kimber, who I've been meaning to talk to since SHOT. I'll get some video there tomorrow as well.

On a different subject, I've got to talk to Jim Shepherd, who pulled a big string, but rumors are flying that the Department of Agriculture is mortally embarrassed by USFS District Ranger Christine Walsh's antigun jihad and they want to make the pain go away. Always happy to help in that department! Plus, Col. Bob Brown went to the mattresses with the NRA legal people, demanding their help before USFS shuts all the Colorado forests to recreational shooting...signs look good for us, not so good for the Greenies! More as soon as I get details.

FINGERS CROSSED!

As a side note, I gotta get a DSA FAL .308...I can't control myself...I gotta order one tomorrow...really...really really...

4 comments:

Mark said...

When you talk to John Ross, ask him if he is ever planning on writing anything else. I rather enjoyed his one book, and he used to occasionally post essays on a variety of topics on his website, but I havent heard anything from/about him in awhile.

FALs are neat. I didnt buy one complete from DSA, as I built my own, but I did use one of their recievers.

Anonymous said...

MIke-----

Check out the USFA web site.... www.usfirearms.com

looks like that investment house CERBERUS is partnering with USFA --/Remington!!!!

BIG PRESS ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING USFA NOW TO BE "E. REMINGTON & SONS" .............

BTW- You ever do a recent story on USFA or CAS????

WOW--CAS Shooters are going to be pleased!!!!!!!

DesertRat said...

I was one of those "schmoozers" again it was nice meeting you.

Anonymous said...

i'd go with the M1A ..unless you are planning to stay in Africa...