Friday, January 05, 2007

Watch the SNUBBIE Episode WEDNESDAY!

As part of the on-going BEST SEASON EVER of SHOOTING GALLERY, don't miss next week's episode on SNUBBIES, featuring the incomperable Walt Rauch at his best! I think this is a cool show, plus you get to see mine and Walt's snubbies (that's guns, you morons!) at work. Particularly check out the Charter Arms Bulldog .44 at the end of the show...more and more that is becoming my go-to snub, along with the Taurus Ultra-Lite I've carried in my pocket for years.

Walt's snubbies are, however, much prettier than mine.

Another foot of snow...this is the reason I don't live in Anchorage!

6 comments:

Not Available said...

In case you don't mention it in the episode, what cartridges are you guys shooting in those snubbies?

Anonymous said...

Thanks in advance, Michael, for the upcoming snubby show. As we are all aware, autos are the pretty boys of the gun world that get nearly all of the attention, both in the gun mags and at shooting schools, so a show focused on snub-nosed revolvers is refreshing.

Lest anyone think I hate autos, I can assure you I don't. I just find my S&W 642 (someday to be supplanted by a Ruger SP101) a far more versatile personal defense weapon than I ever found my now-gone Glock 26 and Kahr MK40, especially since I prefer pocket carry.

Thanks again, and keep up the good, appreciated work.
DAL

Michael Bane said...

I pretty much stick to plain vanilla .38 special 125-gr JHPs...I forget what's in it just now...Hornadys, I think. I use SilverTips in the .44 Special. We shoot some 330-grain CorBon hunting loads out of the Ruger Alaskan...that's a laff riot!

mb

Anonymous said...

Michael, Im a police officer and our dept. only authorizes the snubby as a backup/off duty weapon! A show on it is overdue. Please pass on any info on good loads that perform well. NYPD has the Gold Dot 135gr load from Speer, but I havent seen any actual shoot results yet. Thanks for a great show.

Bill said...

Mike,

Whoa! A epsiode on snubbies? it about time someone dedicated a show to our "old reliables". I've carried my Taurus 85 .38 spl. for over 15 yrs now. I've easily fired over 30,000 rds through it. It was beginning to show it's age so I just retired it and placed a brand new Taurus 85 Total Titanium .38 spl. in it place. I must say I really apreciate the lower carry weight of this lovely "wheel gun" and the recoil is not too objectionable.
P.S. I just LOVE the show!

Bill said...

Mike,

What Wensday? On what date will this episode air?