Sunday, December 03, 2006

Guess What's Going to be Under Your Tree???


Addendum 1: Do you have any idea how hard it is for cherubs to use digital cameras?

Addendum 2: I have one on order and look forward to taking a carbine class with it ASAP.

Addendum 3: No, I don't know everyone in the firearms industry...yet...I do, however, try to regularly buy drinks for the ones who matter...

If you've been good little doobies, it's going to be SIG 556 carbines, which according to one of my little Santa's helpers, start rolling off the assembly lines in New Hamster and off to dealers this week. Since this particular Santa's helper is also the CEO of SIGARMS, I'm calling this information 100%.

Introduced last year at SHOT, this has been one of the most anticipated carbines in a long time. Other than Colin Farrell in Miami Vice and me — I'm cuter, too — not that many people have had a chance ot put a lot of round through the little SIG subgun blaster, the 552. The 556 is sort of like the subgun's cleaned up little brother. I can't wait to get mine!

BTW, thanks Ron for the heads-up!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is it you get all the inside info? Do you know everybody in the gun world? Thanks for the news.

Anonymous said...

No pictures? What are the chances you could use your connection to get some photos of the finished product for us?

Anonymous said...

In what configurations?
Will it have a folding stock and
european forearm?

Does your friend at sig realize people want a sig because it isn't a big black plastic barbie doll?

Anonymous said...

THANKS for the latest news! I want one. Do you have any pictures? I don't care what it looks like as much as how it shoots. I have not shot a 552 but I hear they are AWESOME so I am waiting eagerly to get the 556 model.

Will you have the 556 on SG?

catfish said...

does this mean that you're buying all of us our own 556??? I mean, after all, you said there would be one under my tree!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for breaking the news and the pic! Got any shots of the stock, top rail (is it raised or flush with the top of the receiver?)? It looks like they scrapped the L version and went with a shorter handguard and sight radius, right?

Anonymous said...

Talked to my dealer and he says he is on the list to get one of these that ship this week. But I'm not at the top of the waiting list. He has over 20 guys who signed up for one. I think I am lucky number 26. Let me know how it shoots when you get one.

Anonymous said...

well, if the demoncrats have not taken them off the market I will buy one in the spring....

Anonymous said...

Could we see some pictures of the other end for Addendum 4? Please!?!

Anonymous said...

There are other pictures on Sigforum if you want to look. Just check out the "Combat Rifles and Shotguns" section.

Anonymous said...

There are other pictures on Sigforum here http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/371103567

Anonymous said...

I guess I must be one of the "special" ones since I've shot a 552 a few times. Personally I wouldn't be that excited to shoot one if you enjoy your hearing. With a suppressor it's not bad, without one it is unbelievably loud, even outside. A fun toy, but not on the top of my want list.

Anonymous said...

Finally! The 556 is going to ship. I've been waiting what feels like forever - and been prepared to wait for another forever. This is the most exciting gun to be announced this year. This gun has a reputation for shear ball out performance.