Monday, June 05, 2006

Finally Got Out on New Bike!

And it worked exactly like I hoped it would work. As you recall, a few weeks ago I got a 29-inch Gary Fisher mountain bike for the dirt and fire roads around my house, with maybe a little singletrack thrown in for good measure. My Sweetie and I rode our bikes up to an old ghost town nearby, a known knee-buster of a ride, and I was very pleased! I'd post a picture, but Blogger is having one of its periodic nothing works fits...

In stuff coming up this week, I got a case of the very new Cor-Bon .500 S&W SPECIAL ammo, both the .375 grain "Light Target" loads and the 275-grain Barnes X JHP bullets. My plan is to take them to the range and run them out of my 7.5-inch .500 Magnum, along with some heavy .500 Magnum loads and try to get a rational comparison. I'll also bring along an M-29 .44 Magnum with some 240-gr JHPs and some .44 Special 200-gr SIlverTips to try and put the recoil in perspective for you guys.

I'm also going to continue working with the new Charter Arms "Bulldog" .44 Special snubbie. So far, the little monster is shaping up to being one of the "sleeper" buys in defensive handguns. I want to get a few hundred rounds through it before I start ringing bells in churches, but so far it has been a rock solid little piece.

Hopefully, by tomorrow, Blogger will have straightened itself out a bit, too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It takes a MAN to haul around on 29" tires! I'll give you this, you like to work! ;-)