Friday, April 07, 2006

Louisville By Hook or Crook!

GOOD LORD I HAVE FINALLY MADE IT TO LOUISVILLE...and it's raining!

I was supposed to be in last night, but I failed to factor in the United Airlines/Chicago O'Hare Black Hole.

That's right...missed my connection in Chicago. United's ever-gracious Customer Service Thugs offered to get me to Louisville by WEDNESDAY MORNING! Those kidders! My excellent travel agent managed to get me to Cincinatti, where I rented a car and drove to Louisville.

My luggage, you ask? HA! Last night I talked to the only United person who was both knowledgeable and civil, and she said I could pick up my bag at 7 AM at the United Baggage Center at O'Hare. Said it was no big deal, even. So there I am at 7, as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as I'm likely to be on a couple of hours sleep in a Raddison that, judging by the bus trip, was on the outskirts of Detroit. The NEW IMPROVED United baggage person told me the woman I'd spoken to was, "Insane. I mean really. She said 'no big deal?' This is CHICAGO, guy. This is a big deal!"

Wow! I forgot I was in a REAAALLLLLLYYYY BIG CITY! CHICAGO! How exciting. A city where you can't own guns and whose slogan is "Almost New York City!"

My bags are still in Chicago, although they have now been "expedited." Hopefully, the insane woman will be back on duty soon; I'd hate to lose my Spyderco Yojimbo and new blackjack!

No comments: